[FFmpeg-trac] #32(FFmpeg:new): too long time waste on the part before intended snippet and encode zero frame when encode a rmvb file to an avi snippet

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Apr 1 18:15:40 CEST 2011

#32: too long time waste on the part before intended snippet and encode zero
frame when encode a rmvb file to an avi snippet
----------------------+----------------------
Reporter:  littlebat  |       Owner:  michael
    Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Blocking:             |  Reproduced:  1
Analyzed:  0          |
----------------------+----------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 I am not sure I understand your report:
 You put -ss behind the input file, instructing ffmpeg to decode all data
 before the "intended snippet". It may take several minutes to decode over
 two hours of rv40 video. You can put -ss before the input file,
 instructing ffmpeg to seek over the unneeded data. This does not always
 work (some streams are not seekable, ffmpeg may not support seeking in
 some streams), but it does work fine for the test file you uploaded.

 Or are you complaining about the warning message from the buffer filter?

 Note that FFmpeg's rm demuxer is known not to work very well: I believe
 you cut FFmpeg output, so it is not visible, but I suspect it shows a high
 (and unwanted) valued for "drop". -r 25 does not help, unfortunately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://avcodec.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/32#comment:1>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>