[FFmpeg-trac] #25(avfilter:new): "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on MSVC++

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Apr 2 17:24:38 CEST 2011

#25: "Access violation reading location 0x00000000" using yadif/libavfilter on
MSVC++
--------------------+-----------------------
Reporter:  fpretto  |       Owner:  michael
    Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Blocking:           |  Reproduced:  0
Analyzed:  0        |
--------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by fpretto):

 Replying to [comment:6 cehoyos]:
 > Does the crash you see (with --enable-sse) happen with
 > ffmpeg (the executable) or only with your MSVC application?

 I verified the problem is compiler specific testing it in gcc.

 The attacched (test.tar.bz2) c++ sample works in gcc with SSE extensions
 enabled. With MSVC++ --> crash. It just need a (possibly interlaced) video
 to be set in the
 Test.cpp source.

 Follows compile instructions:

 Reflect include/ and /lib dirs to the correct headers and
 shared objects locations of ffmpeg

 g++ -c -o libav.o -Iinclude/ -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS libav.cpp
 g++ -c -o Test.o -Iinclude/ -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS Test.cpp
 g++ -o Test libav.o -Llib/ -llibavformat -llibavcodec -llibavdevice
 -llibavutil -llibavfilter -llibswscale Test.o

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/25#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>