[FFmpeg-trac] #232(undetermined:new): bogus error message with amr files: [amrnb @ 0x626e90] dtx mode not implemented.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon May 23 21:58:05 CEST 2011

#232: bogus error message with amr files: [amrnb @ 0x626e90] dtx mode not
implemented.
------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  matteosistisette  |        Type:  defect
 Blocking:                    |  Reproduced:  0
 Analyzed:  0                 |
------------------------------+--------------------------
 I've just compiled the latest version of ffmpeg from the SVN on a CentOS
 machine and when I try to decode amr audio files I get this error
 (repeated a lot of times):

 {{{
 [amrnb @ 0x626e90] dtx mode not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to
 the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that your
 file has a feature which has not been implemented.If you want to help,
 upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/
 and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list.
 }}}

 On another box, an Ubuntu one, I have installed the ffmpeg package from
 the repositories and it works fine with the same files.
 Also, on yet another CentOS box I am using a several-year-old version of
 ffmpeg that was compiled ages ago which can decode the same amr files just
 fine.

 So either the error message is completely wrong and the real problem with
 the files is different, or there has been some regression in that a
 feature that had already been implemented ages ago has been dropped.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/232>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>