[FFmpeg-trac] #1425(FFmpeg:closed): Clips generated by ffmpeg using segment muxer are not correctly played on some videoplayers

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Aug 17 03:14:55 CEST 2012

#1425: Clips generated by ffmpeg using segment muxer are not correctly played on
some videoplayers
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  knovz        |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  1            |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by knovz):

 Replying to [comment:1 saste]:
 > Please note that the generated playlist file is '''not''' an M3U8 file,
 so you can't expect players to play it like it was.

 > In order to generate an M3U8 playlist file you can use a script, or
 check ticket #1642 for which a patchset has been already posted.

 First of all, thanks for your time.

 I'd like to note that if I try to open a segment directly, not using the
 malformed playlist file, it also plays incorrectly.
 Lets suppose you are only interested on reviewing the fifth segment and
 you open it with any of the players I stated above, you will have 20
 seconds of nothing before the clip starts to play, best case scenario, and
 in Quicktime case 5 seconds of black screen and then nothing. (assuming
 the clips were of five seconds each).

 I would ask, please, that you reopen the ticket, for the list format is
 only affecting this issue obliquely.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1425#comment:2>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>