[FFmpeg-trac] #1688(FFmpeg:new): FFmpeg + libass gives Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 26 10:09:15 CEST 2012

#1688: FFmpeg + libass gives Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid
region tag
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Xtophe  |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Summary of the bug:
 When trying to burn subtitles with libass I always get this error while
 encoding (every time it should render the subtitles):

 Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

 On initialising it also displays this error:
 No usable fontconfig configuration file found, using fallback.
 Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

 Obvious it cannot find the Fontconfig file. Where should I put this file
 so FFmpeg can find it?

 And is this related to the "Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a
 valid region tag" errors?

 BTW FFmpeg for OSX

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1688>