[FFmpeg-trac] #2034(undetermined:closed): -f segment fails with "Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Invalid argument"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Dec 17 23:52:23 CET 2012

#2034: -f segment fails with "Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect
codec parameters ?): Invalid argument"
             Reporter:               |                    Owner:
  ivan.todorovich                    |                   Status:  closed
                 Type:  defect       |                Component:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  1            |
Changes (by saste):

 * analyzed:  0 => 1
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 burek]:
 > I don't know if this is relevant, but did you notice:
 > {{{
 > Output #0, segment, to 'outC:\Users\User\Desktop\ffmpeg
 segmeter.bat3d.ts':
 > }}}
 >
 > It doesn't seem like a valid output to me.
 >
 > If you are using the BAT file to start your ffmpeg, please take note
 that %0 represents a variable for BAT file (containing the file name of
 the running batch file), so it might be the cause of your issue.

 Definitively this is not a segment-related bug, closing as invalid, please
 reopen if you think it is not.

 > Also the error returned by the ffmpeg could have been a little bit more
 precise, like "Cannot open file %s for writting", which would immediately
 show what's the issue.

 Yes. This is historically due to the protocols not having a log context,
 this should be improved but it is clearly a separate issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2034#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>