[FFmpeg-trac] #1055(FFmpeg:new): Playing wmalossless/decoding it to mp3 there is a loud noise at the end of the file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Mar 11 15:59:12 CET 2012

#1055: Playing wmalossless/decoding it to mp3 there is a loud noise at the end of
the file
             Reporter:  bfo          |                     Type:  defect
  wmalossless convert noise          |               Blocked By:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
 I am trying to transcode from WMA Lossless to anything else, but this bug
 report desribes transcoding to MP3 problems. Transcoding to OGG/Flac
 results in the same anyway.
 Playing file anywhere, be it VLC, Qmmp, Clementine, ffplay, there is a
 loud static noise at the end of the file. The static is also present when
 I play the original wma file in ffplay. File itself is not broken, because
 WMP 11/Win7 plays them w/o much hassle.
 CLI action used for transcoding:

 ffmpeg -report -v 9 -loglevel 99 -i 25_Sciezka_25.wma 25_Sciezka_25.mp3

 As an attachment I am sending both the original file and the transcoded
 one, plus logfile of the conversion process.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1055>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>