[FFmpeg-trac] #2828(avformat:new): HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each segment

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Sep 28 15:38:25 CEST 2013

#2828: HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each
segment
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  dlevinson5   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 You seem to believe that I cannot read: That is - afaict - not the case.

 Does the following allow to reproduce the problem?
 {{{
 $ ffmpeg -f lavfi -i testsrc -t 120 out.m3u8
 }}}
 If yes, please explain how to use tsreport, dvbsnoop or vlc to verify the
 problem. If not, try to add the absolutely necessary options.

 Generally, please do not post command lines that contain variables, always
 post actual command lines, and always post the complete, uncut console
 output together with the command line. If a problem is reproducible
 without x264, don't use it, if x264 is needed, add a short explanation
 why.

 I don't know how difficult it will be to export the continuity counter
 from the mpegts muxer to the hls muxer and to set the mpegts continuity
 counter from the hls muxer but I guess new functions
 ff_get_continuity_counter() and ff_set_continuity_counter() should allow
 that. In any case, please try to understand that it will take time to
 implement it, since time is the only limiting factor in FFmpeg
 development, I suggest you try hard to reduce the time by providing (very
 simple) fool-proof explanations how to reproduce the problem (for any
 ticket).

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2828#comment:10>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>