[FFmpeg-trac] #3789(ffmpeg:new): shortest command doesnt work when using a filter_complex with audio and video filters

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jul 25 03:07:12 CEST 2014

#3789: shortest command doesnt work when using a filter_complex with audio and
video filters
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  phingers    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by c-14):

 Replying to [comment:2 cehoyos]:
 > Is this a regression?
 It doesn't look like a regression to me. I checked it with several of the
 release versions including the 2.2 branch, the 2.1 branch, the 2.0 branch,
 the 1.2 branch and the 1.1 branch. Same results with each version.

 I've also managed to simplify the command by a bit.
 This is the simplest version of the command I've found so far that
 reproduces the issue:
 {{{
 ffmpeg -i file -filter_complex '[0:a]anull[a];[0:v]trim=duration=25[v]'
 -map '[v]' -map '[a]' -shortest output
 }}}
 Note that it does not matter if the audio stream is shorter or if the
 video stream is shorter, -shortest does not work in either case.
 -filter_complex - on the other hand - is required. Using:
 {{{
 ffmpeg -i file -af anull -vf trim=duration=25 -shortest output
 }}}
 does not trigger the bug.
 Input file format and output file format do not seem to influence the
 issue nor does the codec used.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3789#comment:4>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>