[FFmpeg-trac] #5071(avformat:reopened): FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in Matroska

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Dec 8 11:42:20 CET 2015

#5071: FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in
Matroska
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  matsp888    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by matsp888):

 First of all, please excuse me for my initial bad behaviour. I know you
 guys are doing your best to keep this rolling. If it can be regarded as
 any form of excuse, the fact is that the dad of one of my friends just
 died, and I was in a generally bad mood that day. Now for something more
 constructive: I have managed to make the patch work in MPlayer with zero
 modification of its source code, by copying the palette to
 st->codec->extradata as well, which MPlayer needs in order to tack it onto
 the end of its "fake" BITMAPINFOHEADER. I'm attaching a unified diff of
 the latest Git version of matroskadec.c. Hopefully there is someone of you
 who thinks it looks worthy enough to implement into the official source,
 possibly with minor modifications.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5071#comment:52>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>