[FFmpeg-trac] #4613(ffmpeg:new): FFMPEG produces OGV videos whose duration can't be estimated by Totem, VLC and Dragon Player

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 12 19:27:28 CEST 2015

#4613: FFMPEG produces OGV videos whose duration can't be estimated by Totem, VLC
and Dragon Player
----------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  gouessej  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect    |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0         |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by gouessej):

 Replying to [comment:6 cehoyos]:
 > I tested the following command:
 > {{{
 > $ ffmpeg -i christel-keiser-01_fmt1.ogv out.ogv
 > }}}
 > FFmpeg, vlc and totem all show the correct duration for the output file.

 Despite the error messages during the conversion, I confirm that vlc and
 totem show the correct duration for this output file on my machine too.
 Note that the converted file is smaller than the original file. The frame
 rate is 25.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4613#comment:9>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>