[FFmpeg-trac] #5005(ffmpeg:new): monitor index alias for gdigrab input specification as handy alternative in multimonitors environments

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Nov 12 18:59:51 CET 2015

#5005: monitor index alias for gdigrab input specification as handy alternative in
multimonitors environments
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
             Reporter:  user7415  |                     Type:  enhancement
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0         |
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 It's just a feature request.

 Using gdigrab I was wondering if is possible to select monitors by using
 an alias based on the monitor number index instead of cropping to a
 specific resolution with region and offsets.

 This will make a command more portable and resolution independent.

 Es: i have 3 monitors.

 ffmpeg -y -f -i monitor=1 -framerate 30 -c:v ffv1 capture.mkv

 to capture only the monitor index 1

 ffmpeg -y -f -i monitor=1,2 -framerate 30 -c:v ffv1 capture.mkv

 to capture monitor 1 and 2

 ffmpeg -y -f -i monitor=2,1,4 -framerate 30 -c:v ffv1 capture.mkv

 to capture monitor 2,1 and 4 stitched in the specified order.

 I hope it will not be a big deal, but will be nice if you will implement
 it!

 Best Regards

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5005>