[FFmpeg-trac] #5757(avfilter:new): [Subtitle bug] ffmpeg can't load the subtitle file that isn't located in the same directory with ffmpeg.exe

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Aug 5 09:58:20 EEST 2016

#5757: [Subtitle bug] ffmpeg can't load the subtitle file that isn't located in
the same directory with ffmpeg.exe
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
             Reporter:  bordon    |                     Type:  enhancement
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  1         |
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 ''''''Summary of the bug:''''''
 [Subtitle bug] ffmpeg can't load the subtitle file that isn't located in
 the same directory with ffmpeg.exe

 '''How to reproduce:'''
 You can transcode a video file with a seperate subtile file.
 When you put the subtitle file in the same directory with the ffmpeg.exe
 program,it work correctly. But when you put the subtitle file in a
 different directory with the ffmpeg.exe program,it didn't work and return
 the following errors:

 [Parsed_subtitles_0 @ 0000000002bef840] Unable to open /movie/KB11-11-00.
 杈涚櫧鏋?Cymbeline.2014.1080p.BluRay??.x264.DTS-
 WiKi/Cymbeline??.2014.1080p.BluRay??.x264.DTS-WiKi??.srt

 I'm looking forward the offical can solve the problem as soon as possible.

 Through my research, I found it's the reason of libass library. I'm
 looking forward the offical can solve the problem as soon as possible.
 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5757>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>