[FFmpeg-trac] #6994(avcodec:open): EXR flag 4 not implemented, ffmpeg is not able to read exr files using the "long names" flag

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Feb 9 01:03:32 EET 2018

#6994: EXR flag 4 not implemented, ffmpeg is not able to read exr files using the
"long names" flag
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  oesponda     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by mvignali):

 Replying to [comment:5 oesponda]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 mvignali]:
 > > @oesponda :
 > > Can you generate and send a very small sample (in order to add it to
 fate tests (ffmpeg unit testing) ?

 > I can generate extra samples if you need them, just wondering why the
 provided samples aren't useful (the ones at the bottom of the ticket). Any
 particular spec I should take in account? (size, number of frames, depth,
 etc)

 Like the problem here is only for the header of the exr file, the test
 will be mainly for this part (the decoding of zip16 is ok and already
 tested). So i think only one frame (similar to your test scene, with a
 resolution of 16x32 pixels for example, is enough (in zip16 compression).
 It make unit testing faster.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6994#comment:6>
FFmpeg <https://ffmpeg.org>